OBJECTIVE OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Convey reliable information about the faculty-approved academic policies and regulations of the College, and implement these policies consistently and fairly.
- Process all student course registrations and monitor enrollment activity, including withdrawals and changes made before, during and after the Drop/Add period.
- Support the role of the faculty advisors by providing accurate degree completion audits and effective tracking of students’ progress toward graduation throughout his or her academic career, including declaration of majors, minors and concentrations and processing other student- or faculty-driven requests as needed.
- Assist the Committee on Academic Standing and Advising by gathering data about students failing to meet academic standards and correctly recording term statuses for these students based on the Committee’s decisions.
- Maintain each student’s official educational records, with appropriate sensitivity to privacy concerns and confidentiality laws governing these records.
- Provide guidance and training to students, families, faculty and staff about the process for accessing and releasing educational records including academic transcripts, enrollment verifications and other information.
- Assist faculty in using technological systems for enrollment management, grading, and tracking degree completion information and compiling departmental statistics as requested throughout the academic year and for annual reports.
|B.Sc Apparel Manufacturing and Merchandising||View|