It gives me immense pleasure to highlight the achievements made by our institution till date. The institution has made vast strides in its path to achieving centre of excellence. The following points are highlighted to present the achievements in a nutshell.
- Established in 1997 with the support from the Ministry of SSI & continues to be the first and only one of its kind not just in India, but across the world as well.
- The core focus of NIFT-TEA is to provide comprehensive & world - class knitwear education to the student community and thereby create an-on-demand talent pool for the export oriented apparel and fashion industry.
- NIFT-Tea is recognized throughout the country as a 'CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE' for its pioneering efforts in the field of knitwear education.
- The institution has been conferred with the ISO 9001:2008 certification.
- It is not - for profit, Governed by Societies Act.
- It is nourished by 185 member exporters and guided by the expertise of people from the industry.
- It is a global knowledge resource centre which disseminates knitwear know- how.
- Our institution has well-qualified and experienced faculty members who have extensive knowledge in the practical aspects of various courses offered.
- Eminent industrialists, Management experts from industry and experienced professionals are frequenting the institution to interact with the students in enriching their knowledge relevant to their subjects of specialization.
- Students - Mentor program started this year to have well defined students - staff relationship and if needed counseling to be given to each student.
- This year each department is inaugurated their association with student's office bearers to take part in many association activities to improve their leadership qualities and gain practical knowledge in their field. Many eminent persons in India and abroad have come to our college for guest lectures. Apart from this to display the student's talent in fashion field couture club is actively functioning in our Institution . To enrich the student's talents and to improve their skills and concentration in studies, YOGA and MEDITATION program conducted continuously. The NSS and Rotract club is active at the institution to encourage students for participation in social activities. We are providing scrupulous coaching and teaching in all aspects in sports activities. Our college organized intercollegiate Volleyball (Women) tournament 2015 -16 under Bharathiar University on 28th & 29th September 2015. Totally 21 teams participated in this tournament.
- The 'Earn-While-Learn' is a system for orienting students with the needs of the industry even while studying. The final year students undertake part-time employment in the apparel industry, whereby they not only get a stipend for their services through hands-on training. It is an opportunity for them to transform theory to direct application, witness real time industry practices and enrich their thought process & practical experience.
- NIFT-TEA is taking lead role in implementing skill development programs in all the divisions of textile and apparel sector. We have two centres namely CARE & CAT.
- NIFT-TEA Centre for Apparel Research & Education(CARE) was set up under the NIFT-TEA for providing Research & Technical supports to the Tirupur cluster industries with the support of various state and Central Govt. department. It is operating with the financial support of Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, for nurturing innovative business ideas. NIFT-TEA with the support of Technology information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC) set up under the auspices of department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, supporting manufacturers in creation of indigenous designs for domestic / international Markets. To bridge Fashion Design Technological gaps, So far, about five various programs were organized on the design development areas.
- After continued efforts taken by our Management and Governing Council Members & skill development committee chairman Shri.T.R.Vijaya Kumar, Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of India has approved NIFT TEA as an Implementing Agency for ISDS to provide skill training for about 10,000 persons this year in first phase. This will be increased up to 1 lac in phased manner after successful completions. The ministry is implementing this result oriented program which focuses the skill development for meeting the skill requirement of textiles industry and aims at skilling of 15 lacs youth in 12th plan period. To take skill initiative to a higher level the institution has formed a new division titled NIFT-TEA CENTRE FOR APPAREL AND TEXTILE TRAINING (CAT) to implement this scheme successfully. The above achievements have been made possible under the dynamic and able leadership of our beloved Chief Mentor, Sri.Raja.M.Shanmugam, our chairman Sri. CMN.Muruganandan and ably supported by our Governing Council Members.
The college is on a fast track in its march towards success in the academic, research and consultancy areas. Thus good leadership supported by untiring hard work by our faculty members and administrative staffs have made our institution as one of the most acclaimed one in the country.